What Is Mindful Eating?
Want to learn to eat mindfully?
So what is mindful eating?
Mindful eating means taking the time to honour your food by choosing high quality, organic food, preparing it with care and eating it slowly and mindfully using your five senses to really enjoy it.
It means allocating quiet time to prepare and enjoy eating your meal without rushing or multitasking at the same time.
Mindful eating is a way of saying to yourself: “I respect my body enough to be mindful of what I put into it and of the way I eat.”
Think of this type of eating as a meditation. It means choosing to be present with your food and the way you eat it.
My clients find that eating mindfully helps to:
- Sense intuitively when you are full
- Gain way more satisfaction from eating
- Develop a healthy relationship with food
- See food as medicine
- Discover new tastes and textures
- Improve digestion (less gas and bloating)
- Regulate bowel movement
- Discover food sensitivities
- Create healthy habits that enliven you
How will I know if it’s time for me to learn to eat mindfully?
Glad you asked! It’s time for you to practice mindful eating if you answer “YES” to any of these questions:
- You get bloated after eating
- You scoff down your food like there is no tomorrow
- You eat just to feel full not to enjoy the tastes
- You eat to numb out
- You want to learn to enjoy healthy food
- You feel bloated easily
- You gain weight easily
- You crave sugar or starchy foods
- You have difficulty focusing or foggy brain
- You feel lethargic after eating
- You have allergies or hay fever
- You feel addicted to eating foods that aren’t healthy for you but you can’t stop
- You tend to gain weight easily, especially in your belly
- You have extra pounds that won’t come off with diet and exercise
What do I do now?
In my health coaching practice, I help clients discover what triggers them to eat the things they know they need to avoid, or triggers them to overeat or binge eat. Then I lead them through a step-by-step process to learn how to eat mindfully and to learn what to eat for their unique body type, medical needs, allergies and health goals.
If you answered “YES” to any of the symptoms above, then click here now to schedule a time to talk with me about how you can learn to eat mindfully.
I’ll help you understand what’s blocking you from eating mindfully and I’ll show you how to get started.
Here’s to your health!